It appears that I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award. I’m not quite sure what that is, but I’ll take it. I did a little research (I read one thing about it), and it seems like a nice thing to give. Thank you, Amy at http://lafemmelaphoenix.wordpress.com/ for the nomination. I’m glad that you enjoy the blog. 🙂
There are some rules for receiving this award. They are as follows:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you have tagged to answer.
3. Nominate 5-11 of your favourite bloggers and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Thank and link back the person’s blog who nominated you.
11 Things About Me
1. I may or may not have an unhealthy addiction to BBQ flavored chips
2. I have a Jack Russell/Rat Terrier mix whom I call Stinky. She’s the best friend ever.
3. I am a huge procrastinator.
4. I love to read, but I find it hard to finish books sometimes.
5. I can clap with one hand.
6. I really like to cook. It usually tastes pretty good to me.
7. I tend to not talk very much.
8. I like to learn. I’m constantly looking things up. I’m full of more information than I know what to do with.
9. Dark chocolate is the best.
10. Music has been my passion since I was a teenager. I’ve been playing/instructing/writing for 17 years.
11. One of my favorite songs is “The Fisherman” by Leo Kottke.
Now to answer some questions
1. What made you decide to blog?
I had been in a lull, creatively speaking. I wanted to try something different that would maybe help me flex my creative “muscles” in a different way. And… I wanted to do it daily. This seemed like the best option for that.
2. How do you get motivated to write?
That’s a hard one. Some days it is just very difficult to get motivated. Other days, the energy and ideas are just there. One thing that has helped with these is the Daily Post feature. Sometimes getting motivated to do something is just having an idea of what you’re going to do and doing it.
3. What is your favorite cuisine and why?
Ooooh… Tough question. I like all sorts of stuff. Being in a military area, there are a lot of options for foods from different cultures. I do enjoy Tex-Mex cuisine. I love how the flavors come together. The spices and the peppers and the slight heat. It is everywhere where I am, so it is something I’ve grown up with.
4. What is your most hated thing in the whole world?
I’m not a huge fan of patronizing people. It’s a terrible way to get on with folks.
5. What would be your dream career?
When I was a kid, I thought it would be total rock star. Of course, getting older, I saw that wasn’t going to happen and that I didn’t really want it to. Over the years, teaching has been something I’ve been very interested in. I give music lessons for a living right now. I would like to be a teacher. That seems to be what has been calling me.
6. What was your favorite subject at school?
It was Art for awhile. In high school, it turned out business classes were what I excelled at. They were fun and made me think quite a bit. Those classes were my favorite.
7. What would be your favorite travel destination?
It’s been a loooong time since I have been able to travel. I really don’t get out much. I would like to see the ocean. I live a few hours from the Gulf of Mexico. I don’t think that counts as the ocean though. Pacific or Atlantic would be what I would shoot for.
8. Do you like savory or sweet food?
I love savory food. I’ve kind of lost my sweet tooth over the last few years. I want to drool over it.
9. What is your best skill?
I want to say my guitar playing, but I’d be lying. My best skill is listening. Is that a skill? hehe
10. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? How does this affect your life?
I’ve been pretty introverted for a long time. I’ve become quieter as I’ve gotten older. Some folks might find me hard to communicate with. I spend a lot of time by myself, but have no problem spending time with family or friends. I’ve got a friend or two that can’t stand it, but they’ll get over it. I don’t really know that it has had a negative affect on my life.
11. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
I’m a dog person, but I think cats are alright too. I’ve got a dog and a cat right now.
Here are my nominations:
My questions are:
1. Why do you blog?
2. What is your favorite subject to talk about?
3. What is one thing that you haven’t done that you would like to do?
4. If you had a year off and money wasn’t an issue, what would you do?
5. What is one talent that you have?
6. In the company of others, are you a speaker or a listener?
7. What is your favorite song/piece of music? Why?
8. What book are you currently reading?
9. Any pets?
10. What is one food that reminds you of childhood?
11. What was your favorite subject in school?